Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Ellen: Gingham!

I saw the sunrise this morning.  I'm not usually out that early, and when it's already hot at 6:30, you know you're in for it!
 
Justin and I met with the Head Teacher for about an hour this morning, then spent a short 30 minutes with the other teachers.  More time was needed, so they came to Pan Dor at 2:30, and we enjoyed cold sodas while we talked.
 
On an afternoon walk a few days ago, I discovered the Bishop Ceasar Mazzolari Kindergarten, closed at the time I was there.  I had an extra hour mid-day, and walked over to see what I could find out.  Almost 300 children, ages 3-9, attend classes from 8:00 - 1:00 week-days.  All 300 tried to touch the Kawaja - I was mobbed!
 
Sister Coletta appeared to be in charge and took me on a short tour.  Seven teachers are responsible for these 300 children.  The school was started in 2011 by the Bishop for whom the school was named.  Parts of the structure are still under construction.  Uniforms are pink, purple, green and brown Gingham.  Why am I not surprised?!  Photos are attached.  Sister Coletta is the smiling nun at the back of a group of children in the 3rd photo.
 
Not a big news day here - hope all is well.
 
Blessings!

Ellen






No comments:

Post a Comment