Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Ended Too Soon

I should not have been so quick to end this blog as there were some blips in my return to the US.  The flight from Juba to Nairobi was late resulting in missing my flight from Nairobi to Addis Abba.  So long story short: I spent a night in Nairobi, Kenya at the expense of an airline called 540.  It was a great hotel, 5 star-type, plus 3 meals.  It added another day to my return trip but I got to see some African buffalo and a giraffe on my way to the airport in Kenya.  From Addis Abba to Washington Dulles is 17 ½ hours – a very long time in a middle seat.  

When Bob picked me up Monday morning around 8:30, I was more than tired but so glad to be home.  There was a group of about 30 young adults on the plane who had just completed 11 months in missions in about 14 different locations around the world.  They were giddy with anticipation of returning home just in time for Thanksgiving.  Just as the plane was landing at Dulles, they broke out singing the US National Anthem.  The timing was such that just as the tires hit the runway, they were singing, “land of the free, and the home of the brave.”  Everyone applauded.  There is no place like home.

Thank you all for your support and prayers.  We accomplished much and are grateful.  Stephanie Maker is due to arrive back in the US on Thanksgiving Day.  Continued prayers for her safe return.
-Marg Kutz

No comments:

Post a Comment