Tuesday, November 8, 2016

First Day Teaching and Media Present

Post sent by Marg Kutz from Rumbek . . .
Last night was very warm so I took a shower again before breakfast of PB&J on rolls and hot tea.  This morning we were to be at school by 8:00 for the weekly assembly.  But this assembly was special as local media was present to record our actions.  Kory, Steve, Ken, and I were all asked to speak.  We mostly expressed gratitude and encouragement.  I was interviewed by Justin as to the purpose of our visit.  We were told we will receive a copy of the video taken this morning.    Maybe we can share it through the Abukloi website.
For those of you who do not know my family, Ken is my brother.  He and another brother and our parents started a nursing home in 1972.  Since then Ken has retired and his son, Steve, has taken the reigns.  Ken and Steve are here to teach small business strategy – how to start, run, and grow a small business.  I was able to sit in on their class and it was met with great enthusiasm. Kory, Steve’s son, was invited to a student-led Bible study held during the break twice a week.  One of my responsibilities this week is to observe teachers so I sat in on a math class today with one of the brand-new teachers.  Frankly, it was all new information to me!

I am having more trouble than usual with swelling in my legs and feet.  During the class I started to get very light headed (you know, the bright light and ringing in the ears) so I had Justin bring me back to Pan Door to lay down.  Even Virginia heat does not prepare one’s body for the heat here.
-Marg

No comments:

Post a Comment