Saturday, September 20, 2014

Wednesday, September 17

Fresh papaya for breakfast - along with African bread and tea - a great way to start the day!  Justin and I were literally all over the map today with visits to an Indian farm, Rumbek University, Abukloi school, a Dinka farmer, the Abukloi land, and finally back to Hillview for Internet and a swim.  I'm having Internet challenges and am grateful to Carin Gregory for all her assistance in my efforts to communicate.

The heat intensified with the progress of the day, clouds gathered, and as I left the pool, a light rain began to fall complete with rainbow.  Justin and I waited for a lull, and barely made it back to Pam Door before the bottom fell out.  This is the first rain since I've been here.  As South Sudan moves toward the dry season, rains will be farther and farther apart.

Tomorrow is picture day at Abukoi school.  A supporter at Centreville UMC in Northern VA has an idea for a fund raiser and needs individual photos of all the students.  It will be a busy morning!

I have appreciated your responses, prayers and good wishes!

Blessings,
Mama Ellen

Photos: (Top) Students having a mid-morning snack.
(Bottom) The pool at Hillview Hotel in Rumbek.


No comments:

Post a Comment