Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Monday, September 22

I was delighted to see Mendazi on the breakfast serving table one more time before I leave!

I spent the morning packing.  At 11:00 Philip Job called to report that 1/2 of the Baylake Patient Shelter had a concrete floor, and he wanted me to see it before I left.  Justin took me over on boda boda, and I am happy to report that he seems to be fully recovered.  What a thrill to see half the shelter complete - roof, walls, and now floor!

From there I paid one last visit to the school, met with the student leaders, received necklace, bracelets, and gorgeous monogrammed top sheet and pillow case - all made by the female students.  I was close to tears.  I spoke briefly to the two classes in session, thanking them for their hospitality, encouraging them to continue the exemplary work they have begun, and assuring them of the support of the Abukloi Board in the U.S.  

I skipped lunch to attend to Internet and am glad I did.  After an hour and a half, Justin rode up with the news that my presence was requested at the office of the chairman of the Community Development Committee.  I was a long way from finished, but packed up and attended the meeting.  Afterward I tried to complete reports, etc., but clouds had gathered and rain was imminent.  Justin and I made it back to Pan Door minutes ahead of the rain.

My check-in time at the airport is 10:00 am.  Harvesters Terekeka called to confirm arrival date and time.  Loki will meet my flight - wonderful news!

No comments:

Post a Comment